Cozy Companion


Austin: I really enjoyed this card and it was a disaster all the way through, it was hard making the card work but how it turned out looks amazing and wonderful.
I really love the fox sat next to the fire and I really love the card, so many good ideas and I really love the card. Sally did so good colouring and glitter is so pretty and the watercolour is so cool, I love it Sally so clever she has so good ideas I love it, it so awesome. It have so many good ideas.

Sally: Oh this card was so hard to sort! I can't believe how stressful it was to make an indoor card, why do we struggle so much? We started out by trying to make a window card with clever die cutting in the window & blending & glitter paste stencilling inside. In retrospect, that was way too much. First off the blending looked okay....the second time but the glitter paste totally ruined it. Yeah, and then we did the watercolouring & made the window.....which totally didn't work (clever die cutting is harder than it looks on youtube lol) then FINALLY we settled on this design. We totally love how it worked out though so I guess all's well that ends well.



So this card is quite simple, it features this awesome new stamp set from My Favorite Things, Cozy Companions. It did have to stamped with versafine instead of memento like I usually would so it had to dry for ages before I did the colouring (I always do the copic colouring, especially on cards like this one where the colouring is super important).
After that it was a TONNE of trial and error until we settled on this. So Austin took two colours of red watercolour, a warm and a cool toned one, and did this kind of abstract background.
Then it was just a matter of sticking on the fox & fireplace, matting with some Lawn Fawn Pixie Dust Sparkle Cardstock and adding a simple sentiment, I think this actually one from Simon Says Stamp but no idea...we were so drained by the end of this card I didn't write it down. Sorry about that.

So, what do you think of the card? Do you have any advice for indoor cards? How do you make them work?

No comments