Out of This World Christmas


Austin: I really love the card I really tried my best, I love the card. I made it for a Lawn Fawnatics competition for cards for boys, the idea for different cards for boys and girls is a bit silly everyone likes nice cards. But it was fun to make something different. I found this specific card very hard to focus and make the card I loose concentration on the card but I made a video and liked being in the video, it made me feel very professional and grown up.
I love the shaker card but I prefer the one with the planets more, I like watercolour the planets are so pretty.

Sally: We often do cards in twos, it's just as easy to do everything twice & when you have to make more than 100 Christmas cards a year it's best to make as many as possible. Anyway, we like to make multiples but not identical cards if that makes sense.

These cards are not hard to do really, the hardest part is the background but it's really not too hard. Austin did a quick video for his Instagram stories on the watercolouring so you can go watch that if you want to know how it's done.


Simply put he lay down some quick splodges of bright colours & then once they are dried goes over with a deep blue. We had stamped the planets & heat embossed them with Simon Says Stamp gold embossing powder & then masked them off.
Oh, I guess I should start with saying which stamp set we used. It's the Lawn Fawn out of this world stamp set for the Astronaut and the planets and the Lawn Fawn Christmas fishes  for the tree, rocks and presents.
Right, the watercolouring, layers & then once that was dried we took off the masking fluid & painted the planets.
Then we painted some card & hand cut the moon out of that painted card and on the first card (the one with watercolour planets) the only thing left was to heat emboss the sentiment in that same embossing powder. It's a butchered sentiment from the astronaut stamp set and a Christmas from the Lawn Fawn Stamptember set (but literally any Christmas would work).


For the shaker card we used one of the A2 shaker pouches from My Favorite Things (I used to hate making shaker cards before I found these things, I would always mess up sticking it down or there would be a gap in the foam tape...these make it so easy!) & made a frame out of the Lawn Fawn Holiday Sparkles glitter card using the My Favorite Things A2 frame dies. Then we added a lot of sequins, some double sided sticky tape, a sentiment from Simon Says Stamps & the card's done.
Austin loves shaker cards but he actually likes the first card better this time. I agree honestly, it's my favourite too.

What do you think, which is your favourite?

4 comments

  1. These are so fun ... it's hard to pick a favourite, but I think it's the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The shaker card is our Mums favourite too. It's such a fun card.

      Delete
  2. both cards are amazing!!! looooooove the space scene!!! looooooove the shaker!!! eeeeep!!! so cute! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was loads of fun :) Austin (and Sally)

      Delete