Rudolph the Dragon


Austin: I do lots of Santa cards with the dragon. I normally put them on a New York Card because I think it looks cool but I like this one too. I like how Santa is dropping presents, makes it a really good Christmas card.
I love the background watercolouring. I love watercolouring because it's so fun and I enjoy doing it.
Everything about the card is such a good design and I love the painted mountains because they make the background look good.

Sally: This is actually a deceptively simple card, That background is actually a simple watercolour background with black, watercolour painted mountains, a lot of flicking with white watercolours and a simple 4 pointed star.
It's kind of hard to explain how to do it, it's just a lot of light translucent layers of blues, pinks, teals and a touch of yellow. It's mostly a matter of patience (which Austin struggles with a bit making my heat gun INVALUABLE!).
Flicking is done with a mix of white gouche, white acrylic ink, and a little water, we've decided this is just about the perfect formula.

As for the dragon & Santa combo, what can I say? This is kind of a staple in Austin's card making, although they are normally flying over the My Favorite Things New York die, but that seems to have been sadly discontinued.
The dragon is again from the Mama Elephant set, Me and My Dragon, & the Santa is from a seemingly discontinued set by Memory Box.
The presents are from a set by Lawn Fawn, a set by Hello Bluebird and a set by My Favourite Things. I'm not going to link which sets because I really think you could use any present stamps you have to make this card with, you don't need specific ones.
Finally the sentiment is from Mama Elephant Holiday Messages and was heat embossed with Ranger Silver embossing powder.

No comments