Joy and Happiness


Austin: I really like this card because I used the background that has been sitting on the shelf for a while because I didn't know what to do with it.
I like doing glitter paste but I wish it dries faster because I forget what card I wanted to make with the background.
I like the dragon because it's good colours and I like it because dragons are awesome. I like the bit where the dragon and squirrel are having coffee together.

Sally: This card is actually relatively straight forward to put together once the background is done.

First off blend dark blue & rich purple water reactive inks in a semi circle on the upper half of a piece of card laying horizontally. I can't remember exactly which ones we used but I think they were regular Ranger Distress inks.
Once it's dry push some Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Silver Gem through a falling snow one, I think our's is by Simon Says Stamp but there are loads of different ones available.

Once that is dry take some Neenah solar white cardstock in the 110lb weight & die cut out the Mama Elephant Hilly Neighborhood & mask off the part above the stitched line using post-it tape.
Then emboss the top part with Ranger Silver and Versamark ink.

After that it's really simple, we just got out some of the animals that Austin has in a box pre-coloured. These are from two different sets, the dragon is from a Mama Elephant set, Me and my Dragon, and the squirrel is from a Hello Bluebird set, Christmas is Coming.

Finally the sentiment, embossed with the same embossing powder, is from another Mama Elephant set, Merry Christmas Wishes.

2 comments

  1. Really love the silver houses! The card love very simple and elegant but still lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete