Happy Owlidays


Austin: I enjoyed the sewing I find it rests me and I like the owl on it and the branch makes it sophisticated card. Love this card.
I took time but the card looked really awesome at the end.

Sally: I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving (those of you who celebrate it) & are enjoying the Black Friday Sales. Among the emails for Black Friday I saw the one from Winnie & Walter saying that they are shutting down.. Austin & I were gutted, Winnie & Walter are one of our favourite brands. We especially love the stamps, we don't have many sets but we have used the two we've got over & over again in so so many different ways. This Happy Owlidays set has to be our favourite though (they are sold out & I doubt they're restocking, for obvious reasons).


The die Austin did this beautiful cross stitch on is by My Favorite Things, Austin used it a lot more last year. I think he'd forgotten how much fun he has when he sews honestly. He finished this so fast I had barely managed to colour the owl!

The background paper is from Kaisercraft Peace and Joy Paper Pad. We don't use a lot of patterned paper but it's always one of those things; when you need it, you really need it you know?  So we like to keep around handy sets like this with great papers in, I like the watercolour textures & Austin loves the bright, bold patterns. He picked this one out for the card which I trimmed down & then stuck onto the base.
Then I finished up the sewn tag with some red twool to bring in the red from the scarf, created a torn vellum sentiment banner & heat embossed a sentiment from the Happy Owlidays set using Simon Says Stamp Rose Gold embossing powder.
Then we got everything stuck on with a lot of foam tape & for a final touch I added two gold lines in gel pen to tie everything together.

Winnie & Walter, these two crafters will be incredibly sad to see you go. Your stamps are beautiful & have been well loved, honestly if you could see how grubby our set is from over use you will know how well loved an addition to our supplies you have been.
We hope that your next step is restful, rewarding & filled with laughter & good health.

Sally & Austin


No comments