Christmas down under


Austin: I love the way the sand is the banner and the background is to die for and the waves are blended.
The tree with the decorations are amazing makes the card especially the penguin.
The stamped background is awesome because its a grey and words on it makes it stand out.

Sally: This card is kind of a merging of two favourite card ideas, three if you include the banner scene element.
Years ago I was watching a Jennifer McGuire video where she reviewed a stamp release by My Favorite Things. As she was going through the stamps I kind of zoned out until she got to this Penguin in Paradise set. I knew Austin would love making Christmas cards with it & he has, he's made loads (although not as many these days because I struggle with fine motor control which makes fussy cutting difficult and painful, I never could get the hang of solid dies so we never got them for this set). 
Austin's favourite way to use this penguin set is on a 'beach Santa' card, like with this awesome die from Paper Rose.


So the palms are from a different set by Simon Says Stamp (Warm Christmas Wishes) which we have also used over & over & the sentiment is also from Simon Says Stamp.
The card is actually really simple to put together.

I know it sounds like a lot of sets but it really doesn't take very long & we had a ton of fun making it 😊

Do you have any card ideas that you do over and over? Or stamp sets that you just totally adore & use all the time? Also do you have as much discontinued stuff in your crafting stash as we do? We seem to have tonnes lol.

No comments