Out of this world


I saw an idea similar to this on another card ( by Shammy's crafts) where it was a pop up card with aliens and astronauts. I thought it was a really good idea and wanted to do something similar using astronauts in a pop up card.


I designed the inside of the card first. The pop up panel ( Lawn Fawn: Pivit Pop Up) is water colour using liquid water colour. The background of the card is blended - I needed the die cut cloud panels (Lawn Fawn: Stitched Clouds) to cover where I'd put finger prints, but I think the clouds work vert well.

On the pop up I added some aliens (Lawn Fawn: Monster Mash) and an astronaut (Lawn Fawn: Out of This World). The rockets and the stars where attached to strips of acetate to make them stand out.

On the front of the card the background is made with liquid water colour- which is a technique I really like because its easy and looks good. The moon surface (Lawn Fawn: Stitched Hillsides) is blended. I coloured everything else using copics pens. I added a few sequins to finish the card.

1 comment

  1. Super fun card! I love how you used the Monster Mash set as your aliens, such a great idea! So glad you joined us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete