Joy to the world

'

Austin: I have made this card over and over for a long time over and over again. It's been hard but I really like this card. I did the right colour on the mountains make it worth it. When I was making this card I really enjoyed and had a good time making this card blending the background prepping everything was magnificent.

Sally: As Austin said we have made this card a few times (athough it really isn't very hard, Austin just doesn't like anything where he has to do delicate or fiddly elements on a card. He likes the result though which is why this card has been made over and over again.
What makes this card so good is the Hero Arts Snowy Drifts die set which has these great layering scene dies. We have done all kinds of things with this set, we have made it into a stencil which we used to make this card.
My personal favourite though is when we use the dies like this.


So, it's actually a while since we made this card so I can't remember exactly which colours we used & everything. Sorry about that, we'll write it down next time.

Basically, we did a quick galaxy blended background using distress oxide inks, then we did flicking using the heidi swapp shimmer sprayers that are being phased out. We then blended the layers of trees with oxide inks & added some white snow & a fox from Hello Bluebird North Star.
The sentiment is from Stained Glass Greetings & was heat embossed with Simon Says Stamp Antique Gold & the matting is also that embossing powder.

Sorry if you can tell I'm tired whilst writing this, it's been a loooong week & I am more drained than I can explain. Also chronically ill with a condition that creates a lot of fatigue. Little things.

No comments